We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. Please see our Privacy Notice for details of your data protection rights.
Princess Beatrice, like thousands of brides around the world, faced upheaval during lockdown with the postponing of her wedding. What was scheduled to be a lavish wedding at Chapel Royal in St James’s Palace followed by a Buckingham Palace garden reception hosted by the Queen was a far cry from Bea’s actual wedding.
Instead, the York princess married Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi in an intimate ceremony at Royal Chapel of All Saints on the Royal Lodge estate in Windsor.
The couple said I do in front of just 20 close friends and family members, including the Queen and Prince Philip.
Then reports stated the princess partied the night away at her parents home The Royal Lodge.
Like newlyweds do, Bea and Edo then jetted off for their honeymoon.
Read More: Meghan Markle fans ‘worried’ about following the wrong people online
Sources spotted the couple in the south of France shortly after their wedding.
However, once more bad luck struck for the couple as the British Government soon changed the guidance on travel to the country.
The travel corridor which allowed Brits to travel to France without having to quarantine on arrival back to the UK was closed – causing chaos for thousands of holidaymakers.
Bookings to cross The Channel before the deadline surged, with Britons desperate to return home without having to quarantine.
The change in travel advice came after a surge in cases in France, with Prime Minister Boris Johnson making it clear he would not hesitate to close travel corridors to prevent a second wave of coronavirus.
While Bea and Edo’s exact timeline for their French trip is unknown, if they did not return home before 4am on Saturday, August 15, they would have to quarantine on arrival back to the UK.
If they did not make it back in time, the couple would have to stay in their home for 14 days, unable to leave for any reason or to meet friends or family.
And this could strike disaster for Beatrice when it comes to another short break.
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry offered lifeline by the Queen [EXPLAINED]
Kate and William’s ‘rare glimpse’ into family life sent fans ‘wild’ [INSIGHT]
Princess Diana tribute: How Kate and Meghan made subtle nod to Diana[ANALYSIS]
The Queen and Prince Philip are currently staying in Balmoral, a castle in Aberdeenshire, as they do each year.
Any visits to the castle and to see the Queen from Royal Family members will have to be socially distanced due to current restrictions.
However, if Beatrice is isolating she may not be able to visit at all, or at least for two weeks.
The Queen and Philip had been living at Windsor Castle together with smaller staff numbers than usual in order to reduce their risk of catching the virus.
At 94 and 99-years-old respectively, the Queen and Philip are in the at-risk group when it comes to the deadly virus.
Older adults are at risk of developing severe symptoms and additional complications from coronavirus.
This may be tough for Beatrice, as her sister Eugenie was spotted at the castle in Scotland visiting their grandmother.
Eugenie was spotted arriving in Scotland with a mysterious orange box in tow – potentially a gift for her grandparents.
Her husband, Jack Brooksbank, was with her as they arrived at the Scottish estate.
The York sisters have both previously professed their love for Balmoral, and how much the Queen loves it there.
Speaking in an ITV documentary, Princess Eugenie once said: “It’s the most beautiful place on earth. I think Granny is the most happy there.
“I think she really, really loves the Highlands.”
Source: Read Full Article