Europe

Queen BANNED Harry and Meghan from photographing ‘private’ first meeting with Lilibet

Jeremy Vine: Owen Jones hits out at Royals despite Jubilee joy

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

The Sussexes flew over from California for the Platinum Jubilee celebrations, allowing the Queen to meet her great-granddaughter and namesake for the first time.

Lilibet, who turned one last Saturday, was introduced to the Queen last Thursday but the event was not photographed over fears the pictures would be sold to US media, according to reports.

A source told The Sun: “Harry and Meghan wanted their photographer to capture the moment Lilibet met the Queen.

“But they were told no chance. It was a private family meeting.”

A birthday party for Lilibet was held at Frogmore Cottage while the Sussexes were in the UK, with her royal second cousins invited for birthday cake and party games.

The family returned to the US on Sunday before the festivities ended, having kept a relatively low profile over the bank holiday weekend.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle attended a thanksgiving service at St Paul’s Cathedral on Friday, with Meghan stunning in a cream Dior outfit.

However, they were noticeably absent from Saturday’s Party at the Palace, reportedly choosing to watch it on TV at Windsor.

While they allegedly met the Queen, Prince Charles and Camilla in private, they did not appear publicly with any of Prince Harry’s family, including the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

Their private visit meant there were no Netflix cameras in attendance.

The Jubilee celebrations marked the first time the pair had been seen at a public event in the UK since they left their role as working royals and moved to the US in 2020.

Their trip reportedly cost approximately £150,000, although it is not clear who paid the bill, according to the Mirror.

DON’T MISS:
Meghan’s bid to undermine monarchy failed! Support for royals soars [INSIGHT]
Former royal reporter slams anti-monarchist [DEBATE]
Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis share touching moment [SPOTLIGHT]

The Queen said in a statement on Sunday evening that she had been “humbled and deeply touched” by those who had come out to celebrate her 70 years on the throne.

She said: “While I may not have attended every event in person, my heart has been with you all.

“And I remain committed to serving you to the best of my ability, supported by my family.”

Source: Read Full Article