Meghan Markle interview ‘chink in armour’ for Queen says expert
When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters.Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer.Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights.You can unsubscribe at any time.
Ms Magnussen’s body was found on March 16 2008 in a residential block in Great Portland Street, Westminster. A post-mortem concluded she died as a result of “compression to the neck” and had been raped.
According to a letter seen by The Metro the Queen, via her private secretary, wrote to Ms Magnussen’s family and asked her team to raise the case with then Home Secretary Alan Johnson.
In the letter the Queen’s secretary said: “Her Majesty was deeply sorry to read of the terrible loss that you and your family have suffered, and the continuing distress caused by the fact that your daughter’s killer remains at liberty.
“She has asked me to convey her sincere condolences to you and your family.”
Police are only seeking one suspect, 34-year-old Farouk Abdulhak, in connection with the incident.
The billionaire’s son left the UK hours after Ms Magnussen’s death and is believed to be in Yemen.
The Metropolitan Police are urging him to return to Britain in order to answer their questions.
Earlier this month detective inspector James Howarth, the Metropolitan police officer leading the investigation, urged Mr Abdulhak to “come back to face justice”.
He said: “In the past 13 years, Martine’s family and the Met have kept this investigation in the public’s thoughts, raising it again and again.
“I would like to make it clear to Farouk Abdulhak that this matter is not going to go away.
“My team and I will continue to seek justice and use all opportunities available to pursue him and bring him back to the UK.
“His status as a wanted man will remain and I will not cease to in my efforts to get justice for Martine’s family.
“I’m appealing to Farouk Abdulhak directly. Come back to the UK. Come back to face justice.
Prince William highest in poll over who should be head of state [REVEAL]
Royal Family motto ‘not serving them well’ as Sussexes reply demanded [SHOCK]
Russell Watson blasts Prince Harry and Meghan for ‘causing division’ [INSIGHT]
“Since Martine’s death, her family have shown true determination together with my investigation team as we want to provide some closure for Martine’s family.”
An inquest into Ms Magnussen’s death at Westminster Coroner’s Court in 2010 returned a verdict of unlawful killing.
The Queen is currently at Windsor Castle where she has been spending the most recent lockdown.
Earlier this week the Duke of Edinburgh was released from hospital after a month-long stay.
He was admitted to King Edward VII hospital on February 16 and later had surgery at St Bartholomew’s hospital.
Buckingham Palace released a statement on Tuesday saying the Duke was discharged “following treatment for an infection and a successful procedure for a pre-existing condition”.
It added: “His Royal Highness wishes to thank all the medical staff who looked after him and everyone who has sent their good wishes.”
Last month the Queen urged Britons to “think about other people” and have a coronavirus vaccine if offered.
Describing her experience being vaccinated she said: “Well, as far as I can make out it was quite harmless.
“It was very quick, and I’ve had lots of letters from people who’ve been very surprised by how easy it was to get the vaccine.”
Source: Read Full Article