The Queen will be 'disconcerted' by Balmoral photos say experts
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Speaking to ITV’s Royal Rota podcast, Chris Ship, the channel’s Royal editor, noted how The Queen will find it challenging to see the paparazzi “clambering” around her estate following multiple pictures in the British press of Prince Andrew arriving at a Bothey (hut) in Balmoral. It comes as lawyers for Virginia Giuffre, who accuses the Prince of battery by sexual assault and intentional infliction of emotional distress, have repeatedly failed in their attempts to serve Prince Andrew court papers. The Duke of York, 61, has vehemently denied all the allegations put forward by Ms Giuffre.
ITV’s Royal producer Lizzie Robinson replied in agreement, supporting the suggestion while adding how “cherished” Balmoral acts as a place of refuge for the Queen so she can holiday privately and away from her public facing role over the summer months.
She also speculated how the presence of photographers could be all the more intrusive as this is the first time The Queen has been at Balmoral Castle without her beloved Prince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, who died on April 9 aged 99.
Scotland’s ‘Right to Roam’ laws mean photographers have been able to access much of the Balmoral Estate within reason.
However, Mr Ship interjected to suggest some may question why, if the presence of photographers is harming, the Queen chose to “invite your son Prince Andrew who is accused of some very serious allegations”.
JUST IN ‘Raised eyebrows’ Prince Andrew ‘planned’ Balmoral trip not effort to dodge court – expert
The comments come as, in documents filed to the US district court for the southern district of New York on Friday, lawyers for Virginia Giuffre states there was a first attempt to serve the papers to the Duke on August 26.
But when an agent went to Windsor Great Park, they were turned away by a Metropolitan Police officer serving as head of security.
The officer reportedly told the agent how officers were not able to accept service of any court process, or let anyone trying to serve legal papers on to the property.
The agent returned the next day and was told the court process could be left with the police officer at the main gate “and that this matter would then be forwarded on to the legal team”.
Prince Andrew: Expert discusses attempt to deliver legal papers
The document says the complaint, the summons and other papers were enclosed “in a plastic sleeve and then in an A4 envelope, addressed to the said defendant, Prince Andrew, Duke of York, at the address” and then left with the police officer.
It says within 21 days of the summons the plaintiff must be served an answer to the complaint, and “if you fail to respond, judgment by default will be entered against you for the relief demanded in the complaint”.
Andrew has stepped back from public duties amid the fallout of his relationship with multi-millionaire financier Jeffrey Epstein who killed himself in prison after he was convicted of sexually abusing underage girls.
Lawyers for Ms Giuffre filed the civil suit citing allegations of battery by sexual assault and intentional infliction of emotional distress against the Duke.
Prince Harry to host major event with Jill Biden TODAY [LATEST]
‘Bad look reputationally’ Chris Ship on Andrew [INSIGHT]
Prince Charles ‘may not take the throne’ but pass role to William [ANALYSIS]
Buckingham Palace previously released a statement to say: “The Duke of York unequivocally regrets his ill-judged association with Jeffrey Epstein.
“Epstein’s suicide left many unanswered questions, particularly for his victims. The Duke deeply sympathises with those affected who want some form of closure.
“It is his hope that, in time, they will be able to rebuild their lives. The Duke is willing to help any appropriate law enforcement agency with their investigations if required.
“The Duke has already stated that he did not see, witness, or suspect any behaviour of the sort that subsequently led to Jeffrey Epstein’s arrest and conviction. He deplores the exploitation of any human being and would not condone, participate in, or encourage any such behaviour.”
Source: Read Full Article