Queen: Buckingham Palace announces Monarch will not attend COP26
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
After being advised to cancel a planned trip to Northern Ireland on Tuesday, fears have been raised Her Majesty will step down as monarch. The monarch is currently carrying out duties virtually from Windsor Castle.
However, a new job role, advertised on the Royal Family’s website, for a housekeeper in Windsor Castle has been posted.
The job offer sees applicants expected to work 40 hours over 5 days, with the housekeeper to “take the lead to plan and deliver all housekeeping and guest services at Windsor Castle”.
Applicants will also be expected to “manage many aspects of our Housekeeping operation, including the presentation of the Castle, laundry services, guest hospitality, and daily conservation care of furniture and works of art”.
The offer also says the applicant will be based mainly in Windsor Castle, but “will involve travelling to other Royal residences”.
Dickie Arbiter, the Queen’s former press spokesman, has recently rubbished fears Her Majesty will step down as monarch.
Speaking to ITV’s Good Morning Britain, he said: “Remembrance Day is coming up and is sacred in her diary.
“To suggest she’ll back down is patronizing and fighting fire – the Queen will instead ask her officials to pace her engagements more.”
He added Her Majesty also vowed during her coronation not to step down, and said: “The Queen has had a very strenuous few days ago, which is why doctors probably advised her to cancel her upcoming trip.
“It’s a lot to ask of anyone any age – even when she’s not at engagements the monarch has mounds of paperwork to go through.
“The officials at Buckingham Palace will be looking very carefully to pace her engagements.”
On Tuesday, a Buckingham Palace statement confirmed the Queen will not attend the COP26 summit on November 1.
It said: “Following advice to rest, the Queen has been undertaking light duties at Windsor Castle.
“Her Majesty has regretfully decided that she will no longer travel to Glasgow to attend the Evening Reception of COP26 on Monday, 1 November.
“Her Majesty is disappointed not to attend the reception but will deliver an address to the assembled delegates via a recorded video message.”
Concerns flared over the monarch’s health after a Palace spokesman said a planned trip to Northern Ireland had been cancelled, and the Queen had “reluctantly accepted medical advice to rest for the next few days”.
In a statement on Thursday night, Buckingham Palace said she had stayed in hospital on Wednesday night after attending for “some preliminary investigations”.
The statement confirmed the Queen had returned to Windsor Castle, where she was “in good spirits”, on Thursday.
Royal expert Natalie Oliveri has claimed however Prince William is “taking charge” and “really stepping up” since Her Majesty has been advised to rest.
She said on the TODAY show: “The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and their three children, George, Charlotte and Louis, they were all seen at Heathrow airport on Thursday, they were coming back from a family holiday.
“Now they had arrived on Thursday, the same day Queen Elizabeth was discharged from hospital in London so many people are seeing that as rushing back to be by the Queen’s side.
“So far, we aren’t being told there is any cause for alarm but Prince William is one of the royals really stepping up, taking charge of these royal duties.
“He apparently is taking charge of the Balmoral and Sandringham estates in the Queen’s absence, those were jobs that his grandfather Prince Philip would have done before his passing, so really William is preparing to be king one day of course after his father.”
Source: Read Full Article