Meghan Markle: Commentators clash over 40×40 video
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
The Duchess of Sussex shared a video with Hollywood actress Melissa McCarthy to launch 40×40, a mentoring project to help women return to the workplace, for her 40th birthday earlier this month. A number of Meghan’s famous friends have committed 40 minutes of their time to help a woman in the community.
But royal expert Duncan Larcombe claimed the project has “gone down badly in this country” and said it was “all about Meghan”.
Mr Larcombe told True Royalty TV’s The Royal Beat: “It’s great, she’s doing that, she’s just had a baby, and it’s all about Meghan, and it’s all rubbish frankly. It’s gone down so badly in this country.
“She has left behind her a trail of devastation, on the Markle side, and now on the Windsor side.
“I don’t want to see her lecturing young mums having to go back to work from inside her $11 million LA mansion.
“This initiative is nonsense, she should be spending her time trying to build bridges with the very people that she and Harry have betrayed.
“That’s what I think most people in this country believe.”
Meghan and Prince Harry quit royal duties last year and are now living in America.
FOLLOW BELOW FOR LIVE UPDATES ON THE ROYAL FAMILY:
8.05am update: William took after Princess Diana in ‘searching for normal, less extraordinary life’
Prince William took after his mother Princess Diana in “searching for a normal, less extraordinary life”, a royal commentator told a documentary.
Despite being the future king William was always keen to remain down to earth like his mother, according to Diana’s biographer Andrew Morton.
Speaking in the 2011 Channel 4 documentary How Diana’s Death Shaped William & Harry, Mr Morton said: “William has always been searching for normal, he wants to live a life less extraordinary.”
7.45am update: Royal Family made ‘deeply regrettable’ mistake with Meghan
The Royal Family made a “deeply regrettable” mistake with Meghan Markle soon after she became engaged to Prince Harry, one expert has claimed.
Meghan and Harry announced their engagement in November 2017.
But after the news went public the Royal Family failed to introduce the future Duchess of Sussex to royal journalists in the same way the did with Kate when she became engaged to Prince William, an expert has claimed.
Writing in this week’s Telegraph royal newsletter expert and editor Camilla Tominey brands the Firm’s failure to treat Meghan the same as the Duchess of Cambridge “deeply regrettable” and argues it may have helped cement the “anti-press” stance Harry and Meghan hold to this day.
7.30am update: Harry ‘upset’ after Meghan snubbed from Diana’s 2017 ceremony guestlist
Prince Harry was left ‘upset’ after Meghan Markle was cut from the guestlist for Diana’s remembrance ceremony in 2017, a royal expert has claimed.
Commentator Daniela Elser said in news.com.au, “The family had planned a private service for July 1 to rededicate her grave.
“On the guest list were not only William and Kate but their children Prince George and Princess Charlotte, Diana’s siblings Earl Spencer, Lady Sarah McCorquodale and Baroness Fellowes and (who else?) the Archbishop of Canterbury. Notice one name missing?
“Despite having, according to The Daily Mail, travelled from Toronto to London, Meghan was not there.
“At the time the situation was framed as it not having been considered ‘appropriate’ for her to attend the service. Harry reportedly saw things differently. Very differently.”
Source: Read Full Article