Europe

Schoolboy, 15, who murdered and tried decapitating boy, 12, for ‘snitching’ unmasked

Marcel Grzeszcz’s identity was revealed by a High Court judge today at Lincoln Crown Court when he was sentenced to 16 years in prison. Sentencing, Mr Justice Baker said the teenager had not yet shown “any true remorse”.

Grzeszcz – who was 14 at the time – lured Roberts Buncis to woodland in Fishtoft, near Boston, Lincolnshire, on December 12 last year, just two days before his 13th birthday.

Armed with a knife and wearing surgical gloves, he stabbed him “in excess of 70 times”, the court heard.

It was later discovered that he had knife injuries to his right side, shoulders, arms and three severe stab wounds to his head with the tip of the blade lodged in his skull.

One of the wounds he suffered to the neck was “consistent with a decapitation attempt”, the court heard.

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

After the “savage prolonged attack” he was left to die on the village green before his body was found at around 10am the following day.

Police later discovered the knife in Grzeszcz’s bedroom.

Before he was detained he told friends on Facebook Messenger that “things went wrong”.

He also wrote: “This wasn’t supposed to go down like this” and “bro I have done something bad”.

DON’T MISS: 
WW2 breakthrough: Unseen documents expose why Hitler never invaded UK [REVEALED] 
Coveney claims EU ready to suspend Brexit deal over Article 16 [INSIGHT] 
Liz Truss on week-long tour to strengthen £34billion trade package [ANALYSIS]

The trial previously heard that Grzeszcz had been expelled from one school for taking a knife in.

He was later kicked out of another for selling drugs both in and out of school.

Grzeszcz was later sent to a pupil referral unit where he started the day before Roberts was found dead.

His trial at Lincoln Crown Court earlier this year heard that the defendant “intended at the very least to inflict serious violence” on his young victim because “he was a snitch”.

The teenager – who admitted manslaughter halfway through his trial – claimed that he “lost control” when the youngster attempted to stab him.

But jurors dismissed this account after under two hours of deliberations.

They instead concluded he was “motivated by anger and tried to punish the deceased rather than losing self-control”.

Jailing him, Mr Justice Baker said: “I’m satisfied while the deceased was unarmed and unaware of what was to take place, you came armed with a large knife and with latex gloves intending at that time, at the very least, to cause him serious bodily harm.

“I should make clear that, although when you commenced the attack upon the deceased you may not have intended to kill him, as opposed to intending him to suffer really serious bodily injury, I am sure that as the attack progressed, given the number and nature of the injuries which you inflicted upon the deceased, there came a time when you did intend to kill him and proceeded to do so.”

He lifted the reporting restriction following an application by the media.

Source: Read Full Article