Second teenager arrested for murder after boy, 15, 'killed in gang attack'

A second teenager has been arrested after a 15-year-old boy was killed in a brutal attack in Birmingham.

Keon Lincoln, 15, was ‘attacked with weapons by a gang of youths’ at around 3.30pm in Handsworth on Thursday. Witnesses claimed to hear shots and see knives at the scene.

A boy, 14, was arrested on suspicion of murder last night and remains in custody this morning for questioning. Another boy, 14, arrested yesterday morning also remains in custody.

Officers are appealing to the public for information after a group allegedly fled the scene in a white car, which crashed into a house in Wheeler Street, Lozells.

Keon’s mum is said to be ‘inconsolable’ after her son died of his injuries in hospital.

His family have paid tribute to him, saying, ‘It is with profound grief that we announce the passing of our beloved Keon, who was senselessly taken from us on Thursday 21st January.

‘Keon was a fun loving 15-year-old who was full of life and love for his family and friends. He had an infectious laugh that lit up the room whenever he was in it.

‘The family is grateful for the kind support from everyone. We seek the public assistance from everyone.

‘We seek the public assistance in sharing any information that will help the police bring justice for Keon and closure for his family.

‘ Again we thank you for your support and kindly as us for privacy as we grieve this devastating loss.’

Detective Chief Inspector Alastair Orencas, from the force’s homicide unit, said: ‘This is a challenging investigation given the number of offenders we believe were involved, but I have a dedicated team of officers working 24/7 to identify those involved and we are making swift progress.

‘This arrest is another step forward and Keon’s family have been fully updated with this latest development. My thoughts remain with them in their time of grief.’

This is a breaking story – more follows.

Source: Read Full Article