King Charles III coronation details revealed by Palace
While the Coronation of King Charles is only a month away, officials are reportedly still “none the wiser” as to whether the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will accept the invitation to the historic event. This is despite the deadline to confirm their attendance closed on Monday, April 3.
Get the latest royal news straight to your phone by joining our Whatsapp community!
An aide, however, doesn’t think family members are subjected to the same strict deadline as other guests.
This doesn’t mean the uncertainty surrounding Meghan and Harry’s attendance at the event isn’t creating an issue for organisers.
A source told the Daily Mail: “Everything is still up in the air and there’s only a month to go.
“All people have been told is that ‘it should hopefully be resolved soon’. But in the meantime, the teams are trying to finalise plans for 2,000 guests, many of whom are international heads of state and VIPs. It’s a headache.”
This comes as Buckingham Palace released the invitation sent to guests.
The beautifully decorated invite presents nature motifs as well as the Green Man, an ancient folklore symbol representing spring and rebirth.
The invitation also referred to the wife of King Charles, also to be crowned at Westminster Abbey on May 6, as Queen Camilla, a clear suggestion Buckingham Palace will no longer refer to Her Majesty as the Queen Consort following the historic event.
Earlier this week, several reports shed a light on details regarding the ceremony and the day itself.
Prince George, grandson of the King and second-in-line to the throne, will be one of the eight Pages of Honour chosen to attend the service.
In this role, he will be expected to carry the robes of prominent figures attending the event and to take part in the procession through the nave of the London abbey.
On Wednesday, the Mirror also claimed the King has decided only working members of the Firm and their children will take part in the carriage procession following the service and set to take attendees from Westminster Abbey to Buckingham Palace.
This means Meghan and Harry would not be invited to join the senior royals even if they travelled to London for the Coronation.
Expert claims Meghan ‘deflected questions’ about her ring in interview [EXPERT]
Charles & Camilla’s ‘tense moment’ together – both ‘in fear’ [ANALYSIS]
King Charles gives ‘invisible’ non-working royal place on balcony [REPORT]
The 15 royals will also appear on the balcony of Buckingham Palace, in a move representing the “heartbeat and future of his family”.
A source with knowledge of the plans told the publication: “The King has been very clear who he wants to represent the monarchy.
“There is little room for sentiment, this is a State occasion, not a family occasion and it is right that only the working members of the family are there at the big public moment.”
This is in line with the decision taken by the late Queen Elizabeth II ahead of her Platinum Jubilee celebrations, when she chose to watch the RAF flypast on the balcony of Buckingham Palace with only working royals and their closest relatives.
Source: Read Full Article