Terrifying video shows moment man ran for his life as e-bike battery exploded

Terrifying footage has emerged showing the heart-stopping moment an e-bike owner was forced to flee for his life after the battery of his electric bike exploded while charging inside his Birmingham home.

In the shocking video, the unnamed man can be seen approaching the charging e-bike before quickly retreating towards the door. Without warning, the battery erupts into a massive explosion, engulfing the room in sparks and thick black smoke, obscuring the camera’s view.

West Midlands Fire Service has released the alarming video to raise awareness about the potential dangers of improper e-bike charging.

A spokesperson for the fire service emphasised the importance of charging devices safely, stating: “This is the terrifying moment an e-bike battery exploded when it was on charge. The owner of the footage has kindly let us share it, to flag the dangers.”

READ MORE: POLL: Should cyclists be made to have insurance and licence plates?[LATEST]

The spokesperson continued: “Whether it’s an e-bike or scooter, mobile phone or other device, always charge safely.

“Follow the manufacturer’s instructions. Never leave an item charging while you’re asleep or away from home.

“Never charge where a fire could block your escape route. Always unplug when the device is fully charged.

“Please share to encourage others to charge safely.”

This article was crafted with the help of AI tools, which speed up’s editorial research. A news editor reviewed this content before it was published. You can report any errors to [email protected].

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

Source: Read Full Article