Europe

‘They’re not working royals!’ Harry and Meghan told they can’t ‘demand security’

Prince Harry 'has no right to demand protection' says Levin

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

Prince Harry and Meghan are set to return to the UK next month. The Duke has previously stressed his concerns, as a non-working royal, over lack of security and has since launched two lawsuits against the UK Home Office. Speaking on Talk TV, royal expert Angela Levin has criticised the couple’s calls for security and claims that as “non-working royals”, they have “no right” to “demand” it.

Ms Levin said: “They are not working royals.

“He has no right to demand protection.”

She noted that due to the current crisis in the rising living costs, his demands are “unfair on us”.

This is especially as “he is going to make money out of it”.

Ms Levin also claimed that Harry’s demands are “not working on behalf of Her Majesty The Queen, it’s not working on behalf of the Royal Family.”

In March, Harry didn’t return to the UK, from his current home in the US, due to his ongoing fears over security.

Meghan was pregnant with their second child at the time.

Neither the Duke nor the Duchess of Sussex released any statement ahead of the memorial service.

Prince Harry being ‘unkind’ says Angela Levin

Although there wasn’t any statement released, the reason noted for the no-show was the Duke’s security concerns for his family.

His fears led him to launch a case against the Home Office.

Earlier this month, it was revealed that Harry had filed a second lawsuit against them.

DON’T MISS

Meghan fears Harry UK visit will ‘pull on heartstrings’ [REPORT]
Harry erupted over royals ‘not showing sufficient respect’ to Meghan [REACTION]
Harry and Meghan pressured to give up royal status [ANALYSIS]

Their pending return was planned so the couple could visit a few charity events “close to their hearts”, including the WellChild Awards on September 8.

Last week, royal biographer Omid Scobie claimed that protection for the Royal Family is “as important as ever”, especially as the Sussexes have received an “astonishingly high” number of threats.

He added that the fears that Harry has are not “rooted in paranoia”.

READ NEXT:

  • ‘Disgraceful’ Kate and Prince William blasted as Cambridges announce Windsor move
  • Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis’ new £21,000-a-year school confirmed
  • Prince William braced for huge bombshell as Harry to make ‘shock drop’ on Royal Family
  • Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s UK return is ‘commercially driven’, courtiers ‘suspect’
  • ‘Delusional!’ Meghan’s White House dream destroyed as she would be ‘spectacular failure’

Source: Read Full Article