Thug stabbed ex-girlfriend 18 times in ‘frenzied’ car park attack

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

A thug lured his ex-girlfriend to a street before stabbing her 18 times in a frenzied attack.

Robin Ibrahim, 28, lied to his ex-girlfriend and claimed he had the “substantial amount of money” he owed her so she would agree to meet him. A court heard Ibrahim asked her to meet him outside a bank from which they made their way back to a nearby car park where her vehicle was parked in order for him to pass over the promised money.

But when they got to the car park in Hornchurch, east London, Ibrahim grabbed a knife from his bag and attacked the victim as she fell to the side of her car.

The assailant stabbed her 18 times before he was stopped by members of the public who bravely intervened.

Emergency services rushed to the scene and Ibrahim was arrested, My London reports.

The victim was rushed to hospital with possible life-threatening injuries and had to have emergency surgery. She has since been discharged and continues to recover from her injuries.

Ibrahim pleaded guilty to attempted murder and possession of an offensive weapon in a public place and was sentenced to 25 years behind bars at Basildon Crown Court on Friday.

Police fear Ibrahim, of Poplar, east London, would have sustained the attack had a group of have-a-go heroes not intervened at the scene in June 2021.

The witnesses, including the victim’s sister, detained the yob until police arrived.

Detective Constable Ollie Jones, the investigating officer for Met Police, said: “Ibrahim lied to his ex-girlfriend saying he had the substantial amount of money he owed her so she would agree to meet him.

“He then subjected her to a brutal, sustained attack where he stabbed her 18 times. I believe Ibrahim would’ve continued his savage attack had members of the public, including the victim’s sister, not rushed to her aid and detained Ibrahim until the police arrived.” 

He continued: “Aware of how dangerous Ibrahim was, officers from the East Area’s Public Protection team and CID worked together to carry out fast-time enquiries to gather enough evidence for him to be charged. Ibrahim eventually realised the overwhelming evidence against him and that he had no option but to plead guilty to his heinous crime.

“I would like to commend the victim for the bravery she has shown throughout.

“I hope Ibrahim being jailed for a substantial amount of time gives her a small part of closure. I’d also like to praise the members of the public for the courage they showed in rushing to the victim’s aid on the day, preventing her from enduring further injuries or worse.”

Source: Read Full Article