Toddler loses toe in horrific struggle with man who snatched her from mother

A toddler lost her toe after a violent struggle when her mother attempted to save her from a man who snatched her in the street.

Martin Enow grabbed the 18-month-old girl from her mother in the terrifying incident on Mayor Street in Bolton, in what has been described as “every parent’s worst nightmare”.

The 24-year-old was “experiencing a psychotic episode at the time” on February 21 this year, reports the MEN.

Enow grabbed the toddler by her neck and tried to run “while holding her upside down”, the Crown Prosecution Service said.

Her mum, who was with her other child, struggled with him and tried to grab her daughter back.

READ MORE: Lil Tay dies aged 14 along with brother as family in ‘indescribable pain’

A stranger intervened and restrained Enow after witnessing the altercation, meaning the mother was able to grab her daughter who was bleeding heavily from her foot.

Another passerby stopped her car and ran out to help, leaving her child in the passenger seat. Enow then jumped into the driver seat of the car but thankfully didn’t have the keys, so he ran from the scene.

He then climbed into the passenger seat of a taxi that stopped at the junction of Spa Road and Mayor Street and asked the driver to take him to the football stadium, the CPS added.

But the driver refused and locked him in the car until police arrived. The toddler lost her toe and had to have an operation on her foot as a result of the horrific incident.

Don’t miss…
The pretty town named one of the UK’s poshest and loved by Royal Family[INSIGHT]
Oscars will no longer broadcast on Sky after two decades as Disney in talks[LATEST]
Hawaii hammered by wildfires as homes destroyed and families forced to flee[COMMENT]

She also suffered a broken arm. Enow was subsequently charged pleaded guilty to kidnap and inflicting grievous bodily harm at an earlier hearing.

He was jailed today for four years. Garry Crawford, Senior Crown Prosecutor for CPS North West, said: “This was a terrifying incident which encapsulates every parent’s worst nightmare.

“It is thanks to the quick thinking of the child’s mother, the good Samaritans and the taxi driver, that Martin Enow was stopped before any further harm could occur to either the child or himself.

“We understand that Martin Enow was suffering with a mental health condition when he committed this offence. I hope that following the conclusion of the case the child’s family will have some sense of closure and that they can now begin to put what happened behind them.”

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

Greater Manchester Police said no custody image of Enow, of Lawson Street, Preston, was available.

Source: Read Full Article