Witnesses pinned man to ground after seeing him stab girlfriend 18 times

A man been jailed after he lured his ex-girlfriend to a car park then stabbed her 18 times in a ‘frenzied attack’.

Robin Ibrahim, 28, was sentenced last Friday to 25 years in prison after he pleaded guilty to attempted murder and possession of an offensive weapon.

He lied to his ex and claimed he would return the ‘substantial amount of money’ he owed her to get her to agree to meet him.

Ibrahim asked her to meet him outside a bank in Hornchurch High Street, where they had a conversation on June 28, 2021.

However after missing the bank’s opening time, the pair made their way to a nearby car park in Billet Lane where her car was parked for him to pass over the promised cash. 

When they got there, Ibrahim grabbed a knife from his bag and attacked the victim as she fell to the side of her car.

He went on to stab her 18 times before he was stopped by members of the public who bravely intervened. 

Latest London news

  • London borough becomes first in UK to offer free meals to all school children
  • Man’s life saved after he was ‘found under Tube train’
  • Met PCSO sexually assaulted colleague by hugging her and kissing her neck

To get the latest news from the capital visit’s visit Metro’s London news hub.

Ibrahim, of Brock Place in Tower Hamlets, was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and possession of an offensive weapon.

The victim was rushed to hospital with possible life-threatening injuries and had to have emergency surgery.

She was subsequently discharged and continues to recover from her injuries.

Detectives were able to secure crucial CCTV evidence of the attack, as well as Ibrahim’s journey to and from the crime scene.

Detective constable Ollie Jones said: ‘Ibrahim lied to his ex-girlfriend saying he had the substantial amount of money he owed her so she would agree to meet him. 

‘He then subjected her to a brutal, sustained attack where he stabbed her 18 times. I believe Ibrahim would’ve continued his savage attack had members of the public, including the victim’s sister, not rushed to her aid and detained Ibrahim until the police arrived.

‘Aware of how dangerous Ibrahim was, officers from the East Area’s Public Protection team and CID worked together to carry out fast-time enquiries to gather enough evidence for him to be charged. Ibrahim eventually realised the overwhelming evidence against him and that he had no option but to plead guilty to his heinous crime.’

He went on to commend the victim for her bravery and hoped Ibrahim facing a lengthy jail sentence would give ‘some sort of closure’.

DC Jones added: ‘I’d also like to praise the members of the public for the courage they showed in rushing to the victim’s aid on the day, preventing her from enduring further injuries or worse.’

Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at [email protected]

For more stories like this, check our news page.

Source: Read Full Article