World News

911 call woman made while bound and gagged before being buried

REVEALED: Wife’s 911 call from her Apple Watch while bound and gagged before husband ‘stabbed and buried her in a 19-inch grave’ that she dug her way out of

  • Young Sook An, 42, could be heard making muffled screams in a desperate attempt to get help after she was hogtied and gagged by her ex-husband
  • A dispatcher realized she was in danger and sent authorities to the scene 
  • But by the time police got to the house in suburban Washington, Chae Kyong An, 53, had already driven off to the woods where he would bury her alive
  • Authorities say Chae broke her Apple Watch, stabbed her and buried her in a 19-inch deep grave over a dispute about their divorce and finances
  • He pleaded not guilty on Tuesday to charges of attempted murder, domestic violence kidnapping and domestic violence assault

A woman who was bound and gagged by her estranged husband could be heard screaming for help in a newly-released 911 call she was able to make on her Apple Watch before she was buried alive.

Throughout the seven-minute call, obtained by FOX News, Young Sook An, 42, could be heard making muffled screams in a desperate attempt to get help after she was hogtied and gagged by her estranged husband Chae Kyong An, 53, at her home.

A dispatcher on the other end struggled to understand the desperate woman, but quickly realized Young Sook was in danger, telling her: ‘Hold on one second, I’m going to get help started for you.’

But just a few moments later, authorities say, Chae dragged Young Sook to the garage, where he broke her watch, threw her into a minivan and drove off to the woods about seven miles away, where he would bury her alive.

Video from a neighbor’s surveillance camera captured his vehicle passing by a police SUV that was just arriving at the woman’s house in a suburb of Washington about 60 miles southwest of Seattle.

Chae is then said to have brought Young sook to the woods in Lacey, Washington — about seven miles away — where he stabbed her and buried her in a shallow grave over a dispute about their divorce and finances.

She was only able to get free after spending several hours digging herself out.  

On Tuesday, Chae Kyong pleaded not guilty to charges of attempted first-degree murder, first-degree domestic violence kidnapping and first-degree domestic violence assault.

He is being held without bail and is due back in court on November 16. 

Young Sook An, 42, was able to make a 911 call on her Apple Watch as she was bound and gagged by her ex-husband, Chae Kyong An, 53,  last month

Authorities say Chae attacked his wife at the home he used to share with her at around 1pn on October 16.

He allegedly  followed Young Sook into the bedroom where she had gone to change, when he punched her and duct taped her hands behind her back.

He is also said to have placed tape across her eyes, thighs and ankles.  

Still, Young Sook was able to call 911 with her Apple Watch, and sent an emergency notification to her 20-year-old daughter and her best friend, before Chae dragged her to the garage and smashed the watch with a hammer.

She was then dragged to the garage and put in An’s 2006 Dodge Caravan.

Surveillance footage from a neighbor’s house shows the van parked at the family home and then speeding off a little while later. 

But the call continued on the wrecked Apple Watch, as a dispatcher vowed to stay on the line with her until police arrived at the home.

After about five minutes of silence, FOX News reports, police could be heard entering the home saying: ‘Lacey Police Department, make yourself known.’

Police said they were unaware at the time that the woman had been abducted.

‘The dispatch was an “unknown trouble call,”‘ said Sgt Shannon Barnes. ‘So [the officer] had no information about anything he was walking into.’

Surveillance footage caught Chae Young entering his 2006 Dodge Caravan, after allegedly forcing Young Sook into the vehicle

Chae was seen speeding off as police vehicles arrived on the scene of the house in suburban Washington

Meanwhile, Chae Kyong was able to get Young t a wooded area, where he allegedly stabbed her in the chest and buried her alive in a 19-inch deep grave.

The probable cause document reads that ‘a heavy tree’ was also ‘put on top of her.’

‘After being put in the ground she could hear her husband walking around the hole and dirt being put on top of her,’ it continues.

She said her husband told her she was going to die.

But fortunately, Young was able to survive, recalling to authorities how she was struggling to breathe but managed to keep dirt off her face by continually squirming around.

As the day turned to night, Young Sook said she was able to free herself from the duct tape.

Once the tape was off her eyes, she saw the van’s window was steaming and a light was on inside.

She then got up and ran for about 30 minutes until she found a home.

According to court documents, she was found hiding behind the shed in the front yard of a property just before 1.00am on October 17. The residents had called 911.

When police arrived and identified her as the missing female she exclaimed, ‘My husband is trying to kill me! Help me!’

According to a Thurston County Superior Court filing, when Young Sook ultimately escaped and called the police, she ‘had duct tape still wrapped around her neck, lower face and ankles.’

‘There was also extensive bruising to her legs, arms and head and her clothing and hair were covered in dirt.’ 

Police found Chae Kyong in the woods about six hours later, standing near the shallow grave. They also found fragments of the Apple Watch stuck to duct tape at the scene.

On Tuesday, Chae Kyong pleaded not guilty to charges of attempted first-degree murder, first-degree domestic violence kidnapping and first-degree domestic violence assault

According to the probable cause document, the home has a ‘history of domestic and violence.’

Young Sook’s friend who received the emergency notification and was on the scene at the house when the police arrived told authorities that Chae had previously told his estranged wife, ‘I’m not going down alone.’ 

Now, Young Sook is pleading with a judge to keep her husband in jail. She described her husband as ‘extremely smart,’ having worked in intelligence for the US Military.

According to a statement by Young Sook – delivered on her behalf by her attorney in court – she has requested he continue to be held without bail.

‘Please no bail. I am really afraid for my life. I just want to emphasize that I fear him so much and he will kill me again if he is out.’

Source: Read Full Article