BABY P’s monstrous stepdad has had his parole bid denied — for refusing to confront his crimes.
Steven Barker, 44, has spent 12 years in prison for causing the toddler’s death and raping a two-year-old girl.
The Nazi-worshipping torturer had hoped to walk free this year — or at least secure a move to a cushier open jail.
But The Sun on Sunday can reveal a Parole Board panel has ruled he must stay put in a high-security prison.
It made its decision after hearing evidence from psychiatrists and prison officials, who said the unrepentant monster had failed to address his sickening urges.
Experts admitted 6ft 4in Barker’s behaviour behind bars had been exemplary.
But they said he would not engage in treatment programmes to confront his violence or his sexual offending.
The panel heard Barker’s risk factors included “the impact on him of past life experiences, his capacity to become sexually aroused towards very young children, not being able to control extreme emotions and his difficulties in relationships”.
A Parole Board spokesman said: “Protecting the public is our number one priority.”
Barker is the last of the evil trio who caused 17-month-old Peter Connelly’s death in 2007 still to be serving their original sentence.
Mum Tracey Connelly, 39, was freed in 2013 but is now back in jail having breached her licence conditions.
Barker’s paedophile brother, Jason Owen, 48, was freed in 2011 but later recalled. He is now in the community again.
Peter suffered 50 injuries and months of abuse at the hands of Barker and Owen.
He had been to hospital several times and was on the child protection register — yet still was not saved.
GOT a story? RING The Sun on 0207 782 4104 or WHATSAPP on 07423720250 or EMAIL [email protected]
Source: Read Full Article