Dramatic video shows the moment a California store clerk wrestles a shotgun away from thug attempting to rob his convenience store
- Surveillance video capture the moment Friday when Omega Market cashier George Tahhan, 22, disarmed a would-be robber in Porterville, California
- The thug was wielding a shotgun when he stormed into the convenience store demanding money from the cash register
- Tahhan initially complied with the robber, handing him dollar bills that he was holding in his hand
- When the gunman tried to hop the counter, however, Tahhan leaped into action
- He grabbed the barrel of the robber’s shotgun and cradled it against his chest, refusing to let go
- The gunman eventually gave up and fled the store leaving his gun behind
- The would-be robber remains at-large
Omega Market cashier George Tahhan, 22, disarmed a would-be robber in Porterville, California on Friday
Shocking security camera footage shows the moment a California cashier wrestled with a shotgun-wielding thug attempting to rob his convenience store.
George Tahhan, 22, is the store clerk at Omega Market in Porterville, California who subdued the would-be thief on Friday.
The store’s surveillance video system shows the robber storming into Tahhan’s store and pointing a shotgun directly at the brave cashier.
Tahhan initially put his hands up and complied with the gunman’s demands for money from the store’s cash register, handing the assailant several bills.
When the gunman tried to jump over the counter, however, Tahhan’s fight or flight reflexes kicked in.
‘He said, “Give me the 20s and the 100s.” Because of that, he got mad and tried to jump [the counter],’ Tahhan told ABC 30.
The 22-year-old grabbed the shotgun’s barrel with his hands and cradled it to his chest as the gunman tried to pull the weapon away.
The gunman was wielding a shotgun when he stormed into the convenience store demanding money from Tahhan’s cash register. Tahhan initially complied with the robber, handing him dollar bills that he was holding in his hand
When the gunman tried to hop the counter, however, Tahhan leaped into action
Tahhan grabbed the barrel of the shotgun and cradled it against his chest refusing to let go. The gunman eventually gave up and ran out of the store
Eventually the attacker gave up and let go of the firearm before fleeing the store.
‘I just look at his eyes, he looks at my eyes, and he just runs. He just leaves the gun and runs,’ Tahhan said.
Authorities who arrived on scene shortly after determined the unregistered shotgun wasn’t even loaded.
No arrests have been made in connection with the incident and investigators are still searching for the gunman, according to ABC 30.
The brave cashier told reporters he was just trying to protect himself and the business
- Unbelievable moment gang of thieves drive a bobcat into a… Ex-police chief is shot and wounded after ‘robbing South…
Share this article
Tahhan told reporters he doesn’t think the suspect will come back to the store anytime soon.
He also said he doesn’t think what he did was anything special even though customers kept telling him how brave he was.
‘I’m just trying to protect myself and protect the business,’ Tahhan said.
Source: Read Full Article