KING Charles' staff were allegedly "left furious" after 100 were axed during a church service for The Queen.
Clarence House officials were told they faced redundancy in a letter from The King's top aide, Sir Clive Alderton.
The devastating news came during The Queen's thanksgiving service at St Giles' Cathedral in Edinburgh on Monday.
The letter was addressed to everyone from private secretaries, the finance office, the communications team and household staff.
Amongst them are staff who have worked in Charles' former official residence for decades.
They had assumed they would be amalgamated into the King’s new household as Charles ascends to the throne.
Read More On The Queen’s Death
Queen’s coffin arrives at Buckingham Palace as MILLIONS set to attend vigil
How Queen turned stars to gibbering wrecks just by being in the same room
But staff claim they were given no indication that heads would roll after The Queen's death – until Sir Clive Alderton's letter arrived.
One source told The Guardian: “Everybody is absolutely livid, including private secretaries and the senior team.
It comes as…
- The Queen arrived home at Buckingham Palace last night as she left Scotland for the last time
- Thousands of mourners lined the streets to see Her Majesty arrive back in London
- Meghan and Harry joined William & Kate for an intimate gathering to welcome The Queen’s coffin at Buckingham Palace
- Guns will fire every minute in a mile long procession from Buckingham Palace to Westminster Hall on Wednesday
- And Prince William and Harry will walk behind Queen’s coffin together in the procession
- Prince Harry and Andrew were BANNED from wearing military uniforms for The Queen’s coffin procession
- A guest list of 500 world leaders and VIPs invited to The Queen's funeral was revealed
- Royal fanatics were the first in line to see The Queen lying in state
- Police ordered dedicated mourners to pack up their tents on The Mall ahead of The Queen's funeral
"All the staff have been working late every night since Thursday, to be met with this. People were visibly shaken by it.”
Sir Clive's letter, seen by the paper, read: “The change in role for our principals will also mean change for our household…
Most read in UK News
Wills & Harry to walk together behind Queen's coffin but Meg and Kate in car
From Obama to Trump, who is and isn't among 500 attending Queen's funeral
Benjamin Mendy CLEARED of one count of rape against woman at his mansion
Tube passenger's head crushed as they urinated between two moving carriages
"The portfolio of work previously undertaken in this household supporting the former Prince of Wales’s personal interests, former activities and household operations will no longer be carried out…
"And the household … at Clarence House will be closed down.
"It is therefore expected that the need for the posts principally based at Clarence House, whose work supports these areas will no longer be needed.”
The King’s private secretary added that he appreciated the letter would be "unsettling news".
But he said support was available to those about to get the sack.
A Clarence House spokesman told The Guardian: “Following last week’s accession, the operations of the household of the former Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall have ceased…
"And, as required by law, a consultation process has begun.
Read More on The Sun
Scottish Power customers to get £400 rebate direct into bank accounts
I started selling bracelets from my lounge floor – I turned over £250k year 2
"Our staff have given long and loyal service and, while some redundancies will be unavoidable, we are working urgently to identify alternative roles for the greatest number of staff.”
The Sun Online have approached Clarence House for comment.
Source: Read Full Article