Prince Harry's book deal is "disrespectful" to the Queen because his memoir is set to be published in the year of her Platinum Jubilee, a royal expert says.
Phil Dampier, who has been reporting on the Royal Family for 35 years seemed disgruntled at the 36-year-old's book deal with Penguin Random House, reportedly worth up to £14.5 million.
The Duke of Sussex revealed on Monday that he has been secretly writing a tell-all book about his life, timed for publication during Her Majesty's 70th year of service in 2022.
But journo Dampier believes the decision to release it next year shows a lack of respect to Queen Elizabeth II.
He told The Sun Online: "If Harry had any intention to patch things up, he would appreciate that the next year should be really concentrated on the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee.
"To release his book in the same year as that is disrespectful. The timing couldn’t be worse."
The Duke has been secretly working with American “power ghostwriter” J. R. Moehringer on the book that is set to be released in 2022.
He said "I'm writing this not as the prince I was born but as the man, I have become", adding he was "deeply grateful for the opportunity to share what I've learned over the course of my life so far and excited for people to read a firsthand account of my life that's accurate and wholly truthful.”
Royal insiders told the Mirror yesterday that the thought of the book has sparked fresh worry in royal circles.
For more stories from the Daily Star, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here.
“Ever since leaving royal life, Harry and Meghan have made claim after claim of how they allege they have been treated," an insider claims.
“They say that it is their truth but there is only ever one truth.
“Since their [Harry and Meghan's] interview with Oprah Winfrey tensions have been running very high as much of what they said has since been proven to be unreliable at best.
“There is a now tsunami of fear among the royals over what Harry will write.
"Many hope he may correct a few things but do not hold much hope."
The Daily Star has approached the Sussexes and the Palace for comment.
Source: Read Full Article