World News

Manhunt launched after lad, 17, brutally knifed to death outside London KFC

Cops are hunting a knifeman who stabbed a 17-year-old boy to death outside a KFC in London in another night of bloodshed in the capital.

Emergency services were scrambled to Edgware Road, near Westminster, to reports of a male suffering from slash wounds at around 7pm.

The boy was treated at the scene before being rushed to a nearby hospital where he died from the stab wounds at 7.30pm.

His family has been informed and no arrests have been made, according to the Metropolitan Police.

DCI Andy Partridge, from Specialist Crime Command, added: “This awful attack took place in broad daylight in a busy part of central London.

“A teenager with his whole life ahead of him has been taken away from his family who have been left heartbroken.

“We know that lots of people were in the area at the time and may well have seen what unfolded."

He continued: “We need them to do the right thing and get in touch right away with what they saw along with any images or moving footage captured before, during or after the attack.

“There is a college nearby and many young people would have been on their break.

“We are keen to hear from anyone with information that can help us build a clearer picture of what took place and bring those involved to justice.”

The murder brings London’s homicide rate for this year to 105 as a violent wave of knife and gun crime grips the city.

It comes 48 hours after a day of lawless bloodshed on the streets of the capital that saw two men and a woman lose their lives.

Sunday’s killing spree started at 3.45pm in Sydenham, south London, where a man allegedly accidentally shot himself with a shotgun in a suspected bungled hit.

Later that evening at around 11.13pm mum-of-one Shakira Mercedes was stabbed to death outside a block of flats in Belmont Street, Chalk Farm, north London.

Less than an hour later a man was gunned down in Kentish Town.

Source: Read Full Article