World News

Queen is 'sad not angry' about Harry and Meghan bombshell Oprah interview – and vows to stand by them

THE Queen is "sad not angry" by Harry's bombshell Oprah Winfrey interview but has privately pledged to stand by him, The Sun can reveal.

Harry and Meghan stunned the royals with their series of shock revelations during their tell-all interview.

👑 Read our Meghan and Harry live blog for the latest news...

The Queen ordered a private family investigation into the claims which included accusations a unnamed member of the family raised "concerns" about the skin colour of their children.

Prince William and Prince Charles spoke to Harry at the weekend for the first time since the interview – but the peace talks have been described as "unproductive".

The Queen is privately said not to be furious with her grandson and Meghan who she described in her statement last week as "much loved family members".

An insider told The Sun: "She is not angry, she is just sad. 

"They have always worried about him (Harry) and the Queen feels very protective about him.

"They always tried to support him when Meghan came along.

"They all worried less about him when Meghan was on the scene as he seemed so happy."

Buckingham Palace did not want to comment.

But Harry, 36, told Oprah he had been regularly in touch with the Queen since Megxit more than a year ago.

But the couple shocked the royals and did not reveal the contents of their shock Oprah interview before last Sunday's two-hour show.

Millions around the world watched as Harry and Meghan accused an unnamed member of the royal family of raising "concerns" about the skin colour of their children.

Oprah later claimed the couple told them the family member was neither the Queen nor Duke of Edinburgh.

The Sussexes denied they "blindsided" the Queen over Megxit and claimed they were cut off financially by the Royal Family.

They also claimed the royals refused to make Archie a prince or pay for his security.

Harry, 36, blasted William and Charles saying they were "trapped" and described he had tried to educate them.

Meghan, 39, accused Kate of making her cry at a bridesmaids dress fitting before her wedding in May 2018.

The Queen has ordered a probe into the couple's claim which is believed to be led by Prince Charles and Prince William.

Buckingham Palace has issued a three-line whip to staff and family not to speak about he fall-out or private family response.

In a statement responding to the Oprah interview the Queen said: "While some recollections may vary, they are taken very seriously and will be addressed by the family privately."

But Meghan's pal Gayle King leaked details of private conversations between Charles, William and Harry to viewers in the US earlier this week.

She told CBS This Morning she had spoken to Harry and Meghan who described the peace talks as "unproductive".

The Duke of Edinburgh, 99, was in hospital for a month during the time Megxit was announced and the interview.

He arrived back at Windsor Castle on Monday following heart surgery.

A spokesman for Buckingham Palace last night said it would not comment.

GOT a story? RING The Sun on 0207 782 4104 or WHATSAPP on 07423720250 or EMAIL [email protected]

Source: Read Full Article