World News

Royals plan 'business as usual approach' amid turmoil over documentary

Royals won’t let Sussex squalls blow them off course: Senior family members plan ‘business as usual approach’ amid turmoil over Harry and Meghan documentary

  • Buckingham Palace sources said there is ‘mounting frustration and exhaustion’ at barrage of complaints that Harry and Meghan make about Royal Family
  • Sense of ‘here we go again’ in the palace over the couple’s Netflix docuseries
  • Hope among family that the ‘Sussex squall’ will blow itself out by early next year
  • King and Queen Consort have a busy week ahead with numerous engagements

The Mail on Sunday reported yesterday how the King (pictured today) and Queen Consort are ‘wearied’ by the constant attacks from the Duke and Duchess of Sussex

The Royal Family insists that it will not be ‘blown off course’ by Harry and Meghan’s Netflix documentary this week.

Contrary to claims that there are behind-the-scenes ‘crisis talks’ and plans to ‘hit back’ at yet another barrage of claims and accusations, senior royals plan a very much ‘business as usual approach’.

‘We are not going to be blown off course by squalls from across the Atlantic,’ a royal source told the Daily Mail witheringly.

The Mail on Sunday reported yesterday how the King and Queen Consort are ‘wearied’ by the constant attacks from the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.

Buckingham Palace sources said that there was ‘mounting frustration and exhaustion’ at the barrage of complaints that Harry and Meghan relentlessly and publicly make about their alleged treatment by members of the Royal Family.

The late Queen famously made clear that ‘recollections may vary’ over many of the couple’s claims – and that view has not changed.

Throughout the royal households there is a sense of ‘here we go again’ over the couple’s new Netflix bombshell ‘docuseries’ which launches on Thursday.

A slick trailer for the six-part series was released last week threatening to reveal further details of family difficulties.

A slick trailer for the six-part series was released last week threatening to reveal further details of family difficulties. Pictured: a photo from the trailer

Throughout the royal households there is a sense of ‘here we go again’ over the couple’s new Netflix bombshell ‘docuseries’ which launches on Thursday. Pictured: a romantic snap from the trailer for the new documentary

But there is hope among the family that the ‘Sussex squall’ will blow itself out by the time the series ends and Harry’s upcoming memoir is published in January.

‘It’s likely to be a difficult few weeks but really after that what on earth more can they have to say?’ another insider asked.

‘It’s all going to start to become very “end of the pier” show if they are not careful, hawking around the same complaints on talk shows and documentaries.

‘Surely a time will come when even they realise they have got to get on with their lives? The rest of the family certainly want to.’

Indeed the King and the Queen Consort have a busy week ahead with several significant and long-planned engagements. Tomorrow the monarch is in Luton meeting community leaders and voluntary organisations who promote inter-faith harmony, something he has been promoting for 50-plus years.

At Luton Town Hall, he will be reunited with Festus Akinbusoye, Bedfordshire’s Police and Crime Commissioner, who was previously supported by his Prince’s Trust.


There is hope among the family that the ‘Sussex squall’ will blow itself out by the time the series ends and Harry’s upcoming memoir is published in January

The King and the Queen Consort (pictured) have a busy week ahead with several significant and long-planned engagements

His Majesty will also visit the newly built Sikh Guru Nanak Gurdwara, speaking to volunteers and learning about their programmes for the community.

On Wednesday, the Queen Consort will invite seriously and terminally ill children from Helen & Douglas House and Roald Dahl’s Marvellous Children’s Charity to decorate the Clarence House Christmas tree.

She holds the magical event each year, personally serving up sausages and mash for the youngsters and this year has arranged a surprise visit from Father Christmas and his reindeer. ‘Their Majesties are getting on with what’s important,’ a source added.

Royal sources told The Mail on Sunday that Charles and Camilla were ‘not worried but wearied’ by the continued outbursts from the Duke and Duchess.

Since quitting as working royals and moving to California, they have criticised the Royal Family in interviews, including a high-profile show with Oprah Winfrey, and recorded the Netflix series.

Since quitting as working royals and moving to California, Harry and Meghan have criticised the Royal Family in interviews, including a high-profile show with Oprah Winfrey (pictured)

The Netflix trailer showed a picture of Harry and Meghan taken inside Buckingham Palace, apparently without permission (pictured)

Harry reportedly boasted that the Oprah programme would be ‘quite shocking’ for the royals.

During that interview, the couple claimed they had experienced racism within the Royal Family – a claim denied by senior royals.

The Netflix trailer showed a picture of Harry and Meghan taken inside Buckingham Palace, apparently without permission.

It led to claims they breached protocol by taking a private photographer inside the Palace. The incident was reportedly the subject of a written complaint.

Source: Read Full Article