World News

Russia warning: Canada preparing for Putin’s invasion of Ukraine – Citizens told stay away

Russia’s approach to Ukraine is ‘dangerous’ says Nuland

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

The news comes as tension remains high between Moscow and Kyiv, with Russia seemingly unimpressed by NATO propositions in recent talks between the two parties, nations are high alert that a conflict could take place. Adding to the fears, the White House has announced that Russia appears to be preparing a false-flag operation to spark the conflict, something that Moscow vehemently denies.

The escalating crisis has seen the Canadian Government warn its citizens against all non-essential travel to Ukraine in new travel advice, citing “Russian aggression” in the area.

The Canadian government changed the risk level for travel to Ukraine on Saturday, citing “ongoing Russian aggression and military build-up in and around the country” as the reason behind the update.

Canada is following in the footsteps of its southern neighbour.

Washington urged Americans to “reconsider travel [to Ukraine] due to increased threats from Russia” in its own travel advisory from December, citing reports that Moscow was “planning for significant military action against Ukraine.”

Multiple Western officials, media outlets, and pundits have warned in recent months of a potential invasion of Ukraine by Russia – the proof being troop movements within the country’s vast western territory.

US National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan claimed this week that Russia is “laying the groundwork” for an invasion.

In a statement on Sunday, Canadian Foreign Minister Melanie Joly announced she would be visiting Ukraine this week to discuss ways to deter potential “aggressive actions” by Russia.

The Kremlin has consistently denied allegations that it’s planning an invasion, insisting that the movement of its troops is a sovereign matter.

In an interview on CNN on Sunday, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov reiterated that Moscow reserves the right to respond to future NATO deployments if no security deal is reached between Russia and the US-led block, but stressed that military action in Ukraine is not on the table.

Speaking about the possibility of a military scenario in Ukraine, he stated that it would be “madness to do that.”

Russia has sought assurances that NATO will never allow Ukraine to join the alliance.

DON’T MISS:
Woman, 88, dead and man, 88, fighting for life – shocking incident [REPORT]
Britons dismiss Starmer as potential PM [ANALYSIS]
UK second homeowners to be hit by new restrictions [REVEAL]

However, talks between Russia and NATO last week did not result in any pledges being made, with the consensus suggesting the alliance will not be influenced by political pressure by Russia.

For months now, the US has been claiming Russia is planning to invade Ukraine, an accusation Moscow strongly denies. Russia held talks this week with the US and NATO on Ukraine and other issues, but little progress was made.

Speaking of the allegations that Russia was planning a false-flag operation, Mr Peskov, denied the US accusation, saying “So far, all these statements have been unsubstantiated and not backed up by anything.”

Source: Read Full Article