World News

Stunner dad finds note in shop wall describing builder’s electric shock in 1986

A shop owner doing maintenance on his building found a hidden 35-year-old note scrawled on a poster about electric shocks where the author describes that he got electrocuted when working on the same building.

Daniel Bodman, 39, was renovating the building when he discovered the funny letter written by a 'Mr Nicholas Poole' in 1986, and now he wants to find the unfortunate builder.

The handwritten note, found in Devizes in Wiltshire, said: "While doing this job, I was electrocuted because I touched two bare wires accidentally."

But bizarrely the message was scrawled on the back of a 'Treatment of Electric Shock' poster – complete with pictures of how to do CPR.

He is transforming into the new showroom for his masonry business Market Town Memorials.

Daniel was in the middle of taking some cladding down when he noticed the folded poster in the wall.

For the latest breaking news stories and incredible tales from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.

He said: "It makes an interesting little read, and had made us chuckle with what he had wrote it on. It would be interesting to find him."

The full note read: "This shop 'Herb Craft' was fitted by Nick Poole in August 1986 at an hourly rate of £2.00.

"Nearly all the wood fitted had been taken down, cleaned up and reused so that the main costs were my wages.

"The store walls are in a state so god knows what they will be like when you find this.

"While doing this job, I was electrocuted because I touched two bare wires accidentally. Nicholas Jo Poole."

Source: Read Full Article