NEW footage shows the last moments of a freshmen student's life before he was left permanently injured from suspected hazing at a fraternity house.
Daniel Santulli is now blind, wheelchair-bound, and unable to speak as a result of brain damage he suffered in October 2021.
His family is looking for answers as to why this hazing happened and wants someone to be held accountable.
They have now filed a lawsuit against two frat brothers, reports DailyMail.
During an event called "Pledge Dad Reveal" at the Phi Gamma Delta fraternity house, 18-year-old Daniel was ordered to drink a full-sized bottle of vodka and was given beer through a funnel attached to a tube that was held in his mouth.
The event started around 9.30.
For the next two hours, fraternity brothers would stand by as Daniel grew more and more intoxicated.
Read more on crime
Deadly shooting erupts at ANOTHER US elementary school
Update in mystery death of social worker found in cab as cops issue warning
Just before 11pm, he was seen falling backward and passing out at a table.
Around 12.30am, he was seen slumped over a couch upside down in surveillance footage obtained by Good Morning America.
While passed out on the couch with his face on the floor, one person walked into the room and picked him up to place him on the couch correctly.
His skin was pale and his lips were blue.
Most read in World News
Two Brits sentenced to DEATH by Russia for fighting in Ukraine after sham trial
Woman who caught STI after sex in ex's Hyundai gets £4m car insurance payout
Social media influencer, 27, dies after choking on kebab while rushing to eat
Brit tourist crushed to death by ‘drunk driver’s Mini’ in Turkey resort
After some time, other frat brothers are seen checking on him and panicking as they try to carry him to the car.
When they near the door, the person carrying Daniel drops him head first on the ground before readjusting their grip to continue carrying him outside.
Unfortunately, it was too little too late.
When Daniel finally received care, he had stopped breathing for long enough for permanent brain damage to occur.
He was in cardiac arrest, still not breathing, and his blood-alcohol level was nearly lethal at 0.486 percent, more than six times the legal limit for driving.
Daniel's mother, Mary Pat Santulli, has been left wondering why no one called 911.
"A 6-year-old calls 911," she said. "He's still not talking or walking, he's in a wheelchair. He lost his vision. But he hears us and he knows we're there. We'll just keep fighting – we're not going to give up hope."
Mary Pat has quit her job to take care of Daniel full-time at their family home.
The Santulli family previously sued 23 people, including the frat, and won their case with an undisclosed settlement.
Now, they're suing two individual frat brothers, Sam Gandhi and Alec Wetzler, and demanding felony charges be brought against them.
Wetzler has been charged with a misdemeanor for providing alcohol to a minor and he is no longer enrolled at the school, but Gandhi has not been charged and remains a student.
The suit alleges Gandhi saw the dire state Danny was in but did nothing to help until it was too late.
According to the lawsuit, Gandhi and Wetzler wanted to make the night one 'the pledges wouldn't forget' by supplying 'cocaine, marijuana, and alcohol'.
The lawsuit also claims the boys were under caution from the school for a previous hazing incident at the time.
To make matters worse, two days before this incident Daniel had called his sister telling her he had had enough of the hazing process.
"He was sleep-deprived, was having to buy things for the fraternity brothers with his own money, and was repeatedly ordered to clean the brothers’ rooms and bring food, alcohol, and marijuana to them at all hours of the night," the lawsuit says.
Read More On The Sun
Teen Mom Kiaya Elliott’s baby daddy released from prison after 4 years
Devastating update on sweethearts killed in shooting after heart-wrenching texts
Even though his family urged him to back out, he said he was going to see the process through because "he wasn't a quitter."
Source: Read Full Article