World News

Unpublished photo of Prince Andrew 'taken during Newsnight interview' is 'so shocking it would rock the monarchy' | The Sun

A FORMER BBC photographer claims he has an explosive photo of Prince Andrew that would rock the monarchy if it was ever released.

Mark Harrison, who was working for the broadcaster when the Duke of York gave his car-crash Newsnight interview, has declined to reveal more details on the snap.


But he warned it would "embarrass" both the prince and the Royal Family, the Mail on Sunday reports.

And he's hinted it may yet feature in a forthcoming film about how the BBC scored the mortifying chat.

During the now-infamous interview, the duke claimed he is unable to sweat and was in a Pizza Express in Woking, Surrey on a night accuser Virginia Giuffre alleges he had sex with her.

It's claimed Andrew, who was spotted riding through Windsor yesterday, has insisted the photo is never released.

Read more on UK News

I was desperate to leave Love Island & bosses convinced me to stay, says Jacques

Boy, 3, dies after being hit by tractor as desperate family flag down ambulance

But because the new film will be a dramatisation, producers may feel free to recreate their own version of the "jaw-dropping" image, the paper reports,

A source close to the Newsnight interview has seen the original photo – and says it's "shocking", particularly if taken out of context.

"Our jaws dropped to the floor when we saw it," they said.

"It would cause Andrew much embarrassment – and imagine how high the bar has to be to cause him embarrassment after everything that has happened."

Most read in News

SAVAGE ATTACK

Mum, 43, mauled to death by her dogs and man badly hurt 'trying to save her'

HOTEL HORROR

Brit, 40, dead and girlfriend in hospital after bloody ‘sex game gone wrong’

LIFE’S A BEACH

Britain’s 5 best beaches revealed –but has your favourite made the list?

DANGER ZONE

Inside drug-ridden town where hard-up locals 'wrap up in curtains' to stay warm

The duke was effectively banished from the Royal Family earlier this year – weeks before he settled the US civil case with Ms Giuffre.

He forked out a reported £12million, although the settlement is not an admission of guilt.

Andrew vehemently denies any wrongdoing – most notably in the interview with Emily Maitlis.

He was accused of having sex on three occasions with Ms Giuffre.

Mr Harrison said his photo would be a "big deal" for the Royal Family, and has been seen by just a few people.

And the source claims Brits would "drop their cornflakes" if they saw it.

In November, filming begins on Scoop, which is based on a new book by Newsnight producer Sam McAlister. Hugh Grant is being lined up to play Andrew.

A TV insider said: "The creators of this film clearly see this landmark interview as the turning point in Andrew's catastrophic fall from grace.

Read More on The Sun

I let my 15-year-old daughter get a tattoo and I don’t care what others say

How your make up could see your passport application rejected

"Rather like the film Frost/Nixon it will look at the lead up to the interview and show in detail how Emily forensically pulled the royal apart – and gained some responses which were as shocking as they were bizarre."

The Prince's spokeswoman declined to comment on the photograph last night, and the BBC did not respond to a request to do so.



    Source: Read Full Article