World News

Vile yob jailed for kicking seagull to death in horrific CCTV footage

A thug who kicked a seagull to death in a car park has been jailed.

Andrew Lee Jones, 38, was seen in CCTV wearing a red jacket, jeans and trainers as he started towards the gull before launching a kick.

The bird, which appeared to be a herring gull, tried to struggle out of his way but was unable to evade the brutal assault which happened on May 1 last year.

It was last seen alive in a corner of the car park before it was blocked from view and the thug ran towards it again.

Jones admitted in court that he had killed a gull in Tonypandy, Wales Online reports.

  • First picture of 'football-mad' boy, 11, killed in crash as he rode his bike

  • Rabbit dies from shock after shaking and squeaking during fireworks display

A witness who saw the bird being kicked returned to the area to find the animal was dead.

RSPCA inspector Simon Evans launched an appeal in June to find the culprit.

He said: “This attack is just horrific.

"The CCTV footage shows this man deliberately kicking this gull, with the bird already appearing to be incapacitated and completely defenceless.

Read More

Must-see videos

  • Megalodon shark teeth found
  • Girl thrown to floor over hijab
  • Donald Trump slams Meghan Markle
  • Dangers of nuclear space war
  • Husband 'catches wife having sex'
  • Climber live streams own death
  • Wolf comes face-to-face with bear
  • Halloween outfit sparks outrage

“There is absolutely no justification for this level of cruelty towards the bird – which is protected, as all British birds are, by the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981."

Mr Evans said a post mortem on the herring gull found that it had most likely died from the kicks.

"The bird had sustained other injuries before this attack,” he said.

“However a post-mortem examination found that it would have been the blunt trauma injuries from the defendant's kick that would have been the most likely cause of death."

Jones appeared at Merthyr Magistrates' Court on November 1, where he was sentenced to 12 weeks in prison and ordered to pay a victim surcharge of £115.

He had pleaded guilty to one offence under the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 on October 30.

Source: Read Full Article