SHOCKING footage shows the moment a speeding Ferrari worth £500,000 crashes into parked motors in a five-vehicle smash.
Richard Cullen, 50, lost control of the red SF90 supercar and caused the pile up on Hagley Road in Halesowen, West Mids.
A video from a security camera shows him ploughing into a parked car which caused consecutive collisions with a number of other motors.
The other cars were shunted with such force that they are pushed out of shot by the red supercar.
After the horror smash, the front of the supercar appears completely wrecked, while a shaken Cullen looks out each window as he tries in vain to open a door on either side.
When that fails, he drags himself through an open window before surveying the scene in shock.
Read More in News
Meghan makes surprise return to Instagram to give her coffee brand a boost
Mystery as body of man pulled from river with dumbbells tied to his wrists
Cullen, 50, then fled the scene but claimed it was only because witnesses were being "aggressive" to him, a court heard.
The owner of one of the vehicles damaged branded him "arrogant" but Cullen denied he was speeding and stated he accidentally hit accelerate rather than the brake, the court heard.
However, Cullen, from Worcestershire, admitted careless driving and failing to stop after a road accident.
The father-of-six was banned from driving for 12-months and now has to get Ubers to work.
Most read in The Sun
Little-known beach is now the best in the UK according to TripAdvisor
Cops fear missing baby is at 'high risk' and they may have left it out in open
Broadchurch star Andrew Buchan walks out on wife after falling for co-star
Real reason BBC axed Ken Bruce's Radio 2 show weeks before he was due to leave
He was fined £10,069 based on his means and ordered to pay £185 costs as well as a £190 victim surcharge.
The shocking incident occurred around 7.30pm on May 25 last year.
Prosecutor Alinah Iqbal said: "While in the vehicle on the Hagley Road for reasons not established he lost control causing it to veer across the road into the opposite carriageway.
"He failed to correct the deviation and subsequently collided on the front end with another vehicle.
"The level of impact physically lifted that into the air and backwards into a third vehicle, which forced that into a fourth vehicle, which hit a fifth vehicle."
In a statement read out in court, a female owner of one of the stricken cars said the incident caused a "large financial impact" to her as well as the inconvenience of being without her vehicle.
Another victim said: "He showed arrogance. It is clear from the fact he was driving so recklessly.
"It is deeply worrying he showed a disregard for human life and chose to speed up and down the road. We and especially our children need protection from such drivers."
But Jason Aris, defending, refuted any suggestion Cullen was speeding beforehand and said: "It might be best described as an accident.
"It is not a case and I take objection to any part of the victim impact statement suggesting he was driving up and down Hagley Road at speed.
"That's not what happened. This is something that happened in the spur of the moment."
He continued: "Essentially he has not driven the vehicle on more than two occasions.
Read More on The Sun
Major supermarket makes huge change to meal deal – but shoppers will be divided
B&M launches massive 75% off everything in closing down sale
"He pressed the accelerator rather than brake and that caused him to lose control."
Mr Aris accepted Cullen failed to go straight to the police station but stated he was expecting officers to contact him adding that his client did in fact call the force the following day.
Source: Read Full Article